New students entering Year 6, 7, 8, or 9 are required to bring a chromebook as part of their day to day school requirements. The purchase of a chromebook will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian and can be completed at the SHC Device Portal http://portal.lwt.com.au/shc.
New students entering Year 10, 11 or 12 are required to bring a digital device on which to perform their studies. The College recommends that students bring a Chromebook because it delivers all operational requirements at a low price. We understand that some students may prefer to bring an alternative device, in which case that device must meet the following requirements:
- Runs one of the following operating systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 (Not 10S) or later
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks or later
- Chrome OS (chromebook)
- 5GHz WiFi network capable (this condition is met if the device lists 802.11ac compatibility)
- Runs a current version of Google Chrome (internet browser)
- Runs a current and supported anti-virus software
- Can install a trusted root certificate. This is to allow internet filtering while at the College.
- Survives all day on a single charge. Chargers are not to be bought to the College for use during the day.
The device must be in good working order. All components of the device must be operational and the operating system must be well maintained to allow efficient and effective use.
Purchasing the College Recommended Device
Sacred Heart College recommends that students bring a Chromebook as their preferred digital device, which can be purchased at the SHC Device Portal http://portal.lwt.com.au/shc. The responsibility for purchasing a device lies with the parents/guardians.